Deadline: Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Teaching Assistant Position
25 - 50% FTE
One Teaching Assistant is needed at 50% in the Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems to teach a clinical group of students for NCLIN 407: Nursing Care of Ill Adults. This course provides supervised nursing care to ill adults and their families. Emphasis on systematic assessment and comprehensive clinical management of hospitalized ill adults. Course coordinators are Dr. Vicky Hertig and Dr. Terri Simpson.
Roles and Responsibilities of the TA include:
- TA will work with the course coordinator in supervising students in clinical settings
- Teach or Co-teach one small group of novice undergraduate nursing students in a medical surgical nursing setting.
- Assist students with selecting appropriate patients for clinical assignments.
- Review and evaluate students’ preparation for clinical sessions and nursing care plans.
- Contribute to and conduct mid-term and final clinical evaluations.
- Attend a weekly one-hour connected teaching meeting.
- Other duties as assigned when needed.